Statement: Sandals originated in warm climates, true or false...
Billions of people buy shoes around the world, to suit their requirements, with the majority of purchases for under 16 year olds, who's feet are growing every minute of everyday!
Kids footwear is essential at the start of every adults life to support feet and keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter. You may not longer require kids shoes for your own feet, however perhaps you know kids who do...
So next time you visit our online shoe shop, when you're choosing the right shoes for their little feet, whether they're going to a party or playing in muddy puddles, the facts listed below may spring to mind.
Answer: Sandals originated in warm climates where the soles of the feet needed protection but the top of the foot needed to be cool.
Did you get it right? Did you also know...
- In Europe pointed toes on shoes were fashionable from the eleventh to the fifteenth centuries
- In Europe in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries heels on shoes were always colored red
- Shoes all over the world were identical until the nineteenth century, then left- and right-footed shoes were first made
- Sneakers were first made in America in 1916, they were originally called Keds
- Boots were first worn in cold, mountainous regions and hot, sandy deserts where horse-riding communities lived, heels on boots kept feet secure in the stirrups
This US example below depicts many more interesting facts about footwear for your little ones to learn and share with their friends: